Thursday, July 2, 2009

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the new blog for baby, naturally! I am so excited to finally share the news about my new store with you all. It has been a busy month leading up to the debut of the blog. Let's take a quick look at what we've been working on:

  • Research, research, and more research!
  • Probably could have researched my way into the New Year, but my husband finally convinced me that I could keep researching even after I took the next step.  So, I did:  I obtained my business license in May, 2009 and my idea became baby, naturally LLC!
  • Began contacting companies regarding wholesale accounts.
  • Purchased my domain name and hosting account for the website.
  • Hired the wonderful Ingrid at Cherry Tree Graphics to turn my website ideas into a fully functioning web-store.
  • Opened a business checking account and began to feel like a legitimate business.
  • Began designing the blog.
  • Panicked because I promised to reveal the news about the store to my personal blog readers when I reached 100 posts and when I got there I wasn't quite ready!
  • Stayed up way past my bedtime getting the blog and site in presentable states so I could make the big announcement.
  • Put in my first wholesale orders!
  • Made my big announcement and welcomed you all here!
I want to invite you to follow this blog so you can join me in the final preparations for opening day.  I plan to document the process here and eventually add a twitter account and face book fan page.  There will be opportunities to help me along in the process, so don't be shy in expressing your thoughts!  And as we get closer to opening day, stay tuned for special deals and discounts for you readers!  If you want to take a look at the store, check out the link in the left sidebar.  The links are still a work in progress : )

Again, welcome!  It's going to be fun!

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! I'm so excited to have you as a resource when I have kids! I'll definitely be a customer. :) You'll have to wait a year or two though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am not sure I would have the motivation to start my own business so I give you major kudos. All the best as you enter this exciting time. Any sense of how much of your day you will be devoting to the business? I have a FT job in addition to being a wife and mother so juggling is always an issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks soo beautiful and the name is great, I am sooo excited. Congratulations, I can only imaginge the work and time you have put in so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to poke aroud your store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I look forward to shopping at your store and using it as a resource. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new business adventure and also your 100 post on "Our Lincoln Log"!

    ReplyDelete