Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mei Tai Baby Carriers (International Babywearing Week)

Today I wanted to talk a bit about mei tais (pronounced may-tie).  A mei tai baby carrier is inspired by traditional Chinese baby carriers.  They are made up of a rectangular piece of fabric with 4 straps (one attached at each corner).  Mei tais can be used for infants through toddlers and are adaptable for front, back, and hip carries.  The weight of the baby is distributed over both shoulders evenly.  

I put together a video today demonstrating how to do a forward carry in a mei tai carrier.  The mei tai I am using is a Maya Tie by Maya Wrap.  We do carry these in the baby, naturally LLC store!  Please let me know if you have any questions about this carry.  I will also link to some videos of other mei tai carries for you.

 



I hope you enjoyed the video! Please stop by tomorrow....for our FIRST giveaway!!!!
AND, don't forget....10% off all orders with the purchase of any instock baby carriers with the cody IBW2009 (order must include a baby carrier for discount to be valid).

0 comments:

Post a Comment